The Incredible Teddy Foundation provides financial support for medical travel, costs incurred with prolonged hospital stays, and other expenses associated with having a child with CDH that are not covered under health insurance.
Our organization provides grants to families of a baby born with CDH. These funds help to cover costs that are related to the CDH hospitalization that aren’t covered by health insurance (such as gas, tolls, parking fees, lodging, food, specialist co-pays, etc.).
Grants are limited to children born with CDH and their immediate families, or to expecting parents of a CDH newborn.
- Completion of the following application with signature of the primary care physician, obstetrician, or pediatrician, whichever is applicable
- Grants will be reviewed six times per year by the Board of Directors and subsequently awarded
- Grants will be awarded as reimbursement for expenses incurred
- Applications must be submitted with receipts in order for grants to be awarded
- Applicants must reside, or be treated within the United States
Housing Requests at Boston Children’s Hospital:
The Incredible Teddy Foundation provides funds for housing in the Patient-‐‑Family Housing program at Boston Children’s Hospital through Teddy’s Home Away from Home Fund. If requesting funds for housing costs at Boston Children’s Hospital, demonstration of an attempt to access Teddy’s Home Away from Home Fund must accompany this application. To learn more about how to access Teddy’s Home Away from Home Fund, please contact us here.
Apply for a Grant
Eligible applicants must provide the following:
- Completed form: Authorization to Release Medical Information (download here).
- Receipts/vendor invoices for purchased items OR vendor invoices.
- Demonstration of an attempt to access Teddy’s Home Away from Home (if requesting funds for housing at Boston Children’s Hospital).
For assistance with the completion of this application, please see the social worker assigned to your case.