The Incredible Teddy Foundation provides financial support for medical fees and travel costs incurred by prolonged hospital stays, and other expenses associated with having a child with CDH that are not covered under health insurance.
The Board of Directors will review and evaluate grant applications 6 times annually, determining which applicants will receive funding.
- Grants are available for families with a child with CDH, or for expecting parents who have received a CDH diagnosis.
- Applicants must live or receive treatment in the US to apply.
- Applicants may only apply for a grant once per calendar year.
How to Quality:
- Fill out the application with contact information for your doctor (primary care physician, obstetrician, or pediatrician).
- Include receipts for expenses such as transportation costs or temporary housing. The grant will cover eligible expenses you have already paid for.
Housing Requests at Boston Children’s Hospital:
The Incredible Teddy Foundation provides funds for housing in the Patient-Family Housing program at Boston Children’s Hospital through Teddy’s Home Away from Home Fund. If requesting funds for housing costs at Boston Children’s Hospital, demonstration of an attempt to access Teddy’s Home Away from Home Fund must accompany this application. To learn more about how to access Teddy’s Home Away from Home Fund, please contact us here.
Apply for a Grant
Eligible applicants must provide the following:
- Completed form: Authorization to Release Medical Information (download here) must be completed and submitted with this form.
- Demonstration of an attempt to access Teddy’s Home Away from Home (if requesting funds for housing at Boston Children’s Hospital)
- Documented expenses: Receipts related to displacement or hospitilization must be submitted with this form.
Examples of eligibile receipts include, but are not limited to:
For assistance with the completion of this application, please see the social worker assigned to your case.